Sunday 19 October 2008

Dreams

The other night I dreamt that, when I woke up, I had thick black hairs all over my shoulders and chest. Not very nice. For me, or, for that matter, for Rob. He doesn't mind some body hair, but that might be taking it to extremes.

They say your dreams represent an aspect of yourself, but I can't figure that one out at all. Unless...... no, I can't even begin to contemplate that!

A few days previous to that, I had dreamt that there was a nice new box of chalk at work.

They have chosen me to write the menu on the chalk board, as I am supposed to have the most legible writing, but it is very hard to do, because the chalk they supply is only about 2 mms long. So I had made my case for new chalk. I know they are on a tight budget, but I felt this a small, and necessary purchase.

The sad thing was, when I came into work the next day, I looked for the new box of chalk and it wasn't there. It was then I realised that this had been merely a dream. I was more disappointed than you can imagine, though, since then, I think they have discovered someone with more legible handwriting as I seem to have been demoted from that duty.

So what is going on with my psyche? Does this signify a secret desire to return to teaching? Or a dangerous obsession with my work which even extends into my dream life; or is it perhaps that I have resisted all urges for some retail therapy, and even a new box of chalk has become exciting to me.

Does any of it matter anyway? I don't think so.

No comments: