Friday 1 January 2010

New Year again

What goes around comes around, so they say, and here I am again, pondering resolutions. I reread what I wrote last year and basically have the same resolution, which I never achieved, so don't know exactly why I'm bothering to try again. This time it's 'drink only four times a week and limit my drinking to 3 glasses of wine.' I know what Zoe will say. 'YEah, right Mum'. Such faith she has. But I actually believe I can do it, and now that I'm 50 I need to start conserving as many brain cells as possible.

Anyway, I am in contemplative mood, thinking about Josh sitting on some paradise beach in Goa, but also experiencing the English form of paradise in a crisp, sunny winter's morning with frost underfoot and everyone in the world walking their dogs and looking jolly.

So, life is good and I have a surprisingly optimistic feeling about 2010, which is most unlike me, because normally I live my life in fear and trepidation.

This is what I want from the coming year:

I would like my book to be published, or at least on the way to being published.
I would like Zoe to achieve her ambition to pass her course with a merit and find herself an interesting/challenging job.
I would like Yes Sir Boss to find a manager and be given the recognition they deserve.
I would like Ben to get back to Antigua and learn more Spanish and fulfil his dream to own a salsa bar so we can go and see him.
I would like someone to start buying Rob's photographs to give him the confidence to continue.
I would like peace in the world, the end to poverty and deprivation, the end of global warming... and a very small pay rise.

I'm not asking much, I know.

I just hope I'm not tempting fate.

No comments: