Tuesday 23 December 2008

Christmas

I always do get stupidly excited about Christmas and this year is no exception, though I am a bit disappointed that it has gone all mild and silly. I was, literally, dreaming of a white Christmas. I have forced everyone in my family to listen to endless renditions of all the old traditional carols and they moan a bit, but tolerate it because they know it won't last long. The one bad thing about giving up teaching is that I have to work up until Christmas Eve. How unreasonable is that? Still, it should be fairly relaxed and I'll be feeling no pain once Justin has force fed me the amazing cocktails he produces. Normally I am remarkably strong about refusing them, but I think I'll let my guard down tomorrow. The tapas may be a bit wonky though.

No comments: