Tuesday 2 September 2008

Day 2

2nd September





I decided I must make a routine, a strict routine, from which I never deviate.

Something like this:

7am: Get up and do exercises on large ball which makes me feel slightly seasick. Breakfast of pineapple.

8am: Write at least 2 hours without a break. DO NOT BE DISTRACTED BY E MAILS OR FACE BOOK.

9am: Seeds to boost my brain power.

10am: Walk dogs up very steep hill to get legs toned & aerobic workout without spending money on stupid gym fees.

11am: Do something practical/useful ie. housework or gardening. I will need a break by now. Maybe write 'to do' list.

12am: Back to hard graft.

1pm: Carbohydrate free lunch (seeds don't count cos they are super healthy). Phone someone & moan about difficulties of being struggling artist, sacrificing oneself for one's art.

2pm: More writing, with perhaps quick peek at e mails. Reply to urgent ones only. (What urgent ones? You idiot!)

4pm: Tea time, thank God. I'm exhausted.

5pm: More phone calls & tick things off list I've done. If nothing, add things I have done and tick them off. Stops me feeling a failure. Achievements then visible.

6pm: End of hard day. Relax. Cook (yippee, I can have some carbohydrates) & wash up. Celebratory drink as reward.

7pm - 10pm: Continue drinking & have stimulating conversation with Rob, thus feeding creative font ready for tomorrow. Watch Big Brother, X Factor or Wife Swap to understand how other people live and keep in touch with reality.

10pm: Take good book to bed. Don't get depressed because I'll never be able to write one as good.

Total writing time: 5 hours

No comments: