Wednesday 3 September 2008

Day 3

3rd September

Okay, so it's not going terribly well. The writing and the low carb diet. As my bank balance diminishes, my stomach expands. And the routine has already fallen apart.

This is what I actually did yesterday:

Got up at 8am & actually did climb steep hill with dogs (Well Done!)

Spent 2 hours on Facebook, then another hour on emails. Mainly deleting the 120 relating to financial matters ie. 'Are you completely broke?'; 'Need a loan?'; 'Want to know your credit report?'; 'Need help with saving?' etc etc. How do they know?

Then, to make matters worse, all the rest were along the lines: 'Get your diet back on track'. This is getting really spooky.

Now midday so had to eat, though not necessarily vast quantities of carbohydrates.

Sun out so tried to top up fading holiday tan, but Force 10 gale drove me inside.

Cooked risotto for supper knowing I couldn't eat it because I had used up my carb quota for the next 25 years.

3pm: Ate a few spoonfuls of risotto. Delicious.

4pm - 4.15pm: Looked at writing and changed one word in Chapter 5.

4.15pm: Ate few more spoonfuls of risotto.

5pm: Wrote list of things to do tomorrow:

1. Start low carb diet
2. Write
3. Get job

Not too much to achieve then.

5.30pm: Chastise myself once again for making decision to give up secure, well paid job just as worst recession in last two centuries sweeps the country.

5.40pm: Phoned pub and GOT A JOB!!! I can tick my list already! (WELL DONE AGAIN)

6pm: Had a celebratory drink.

Total writing time: 15 minutes (oops)

No comments: