Friday 5 September 2008

Day 5

I am trying to be more 'pushy' and advertise myself a bit, which I do not find that easy, because my tendency is to tell everyone in the world how crap I am at things.

So, I sent an email to almost everyone in my email address book who might actually remember me, figuring the 'ripple' effect might go to work. Josh, my guru on how to get myself known (he's had plenty of practice with his band) assures me this is what I need to do.

I encouraged criticism, both positive and negative, on the premise that 'I have become so thick skinned that I can take any rejection' (on account of having been rejected so many times by agents).

Well, I got my first negative comment. I now need to change the email to say 'Please send only positive comments, my ego simply can't take negative ones at the moment'. What I'm asking you to do, is lie. Okay? Thanks.

No comments: